School and Group Programs
Looking for an exciting new activity for your club, class or group?
Aquaventures offer a range of scuba diving experiences for children from the safety and comfort of a swimming pool.
Run by a passionate, marine-loving family, our qualified instructors have been diving for over 15 years and they love teaching the next generation of ocean-enthusiasts.
Booking your children into a scuba dive session can earn your group a commission, but it is about much more than the financial rewards. You will be introducing your children to a whole new, exciting world that could begin a lifetime love of the ocean. You will be giving them the confidence to face new adventures, and open their minds to the opportunities around them.
Why is scuba diving a great activity for children?
Scuba diving is about so much more than learning to breathe underwater. It is a non-competitive sport that builds children’s confidence and allows them to develop a curiosity in the world around them. Learning is paced to suit the small group and there are opportunities for progression for those who enjoy the experience.
- encourages an interest in science and marine biology
- builds trust and team work skills
- develops communication and listening skills
- promotes environmental awareness
- is accessible for most kids
- is a sport the whole family can enjoy together (we love it when other family members want to get involved!)
- For pool diving lessons, children need to be at least eight years old and feel comfortable in the water
- For the PADI Jr Open Water Course children need to be twelve years or older and able to complete a 200 meter swim
- For snorkel sessions, children need to be at least five years old and able to swim
- A Medical questionnaire will need to be completed by all participants
Group sessions include:
- Children get to enjoy the water in a small group wearing fins and a mask and snorkel. They learn skills that will help them transition onto a Try Dive in this first step of their scuba journey.
- Give your group their first experience of breathing underwater and see their confidence grow as they enter the underwater world for the very first time.
- Book this series of five sessions to give your group an intensive scuba course where they will learn about the equipment and develop their diving skills. This will give them the skills needed to further their dive training in the open water.
- On completion of the seal team program children are now able to complete adventure dives, and learn new skills such as Underwater Photography, Navigation, Search and Recovery and even experience what its like to dive after dark.
Open Water Courses
- Children aged 12+ can take part in our Jr Open water Courses. This is a PADI certification program enabling participants to dive all over the world with a PADI professional or a certified adult. The course consists of knowledge development in a classroom environment, confined water dives in a pool to teach all the required skills, and 4 open water dives to practice your skills and explore the amazing underwater environment.
Make your group the one they remember and tell all of their friends about by offering this incredible, inspiring learning experience.
Contact us now to discuss the needs of your group and we can tailor a package to suit you.